Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences: Academy Grants Program – FilmWatchDeadline: November 1, 2019
The Academy Grants program directly supports the overall mission of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences: to recognize and uphold excellence in the motion picture arts and sciences, inspire imagination, and connect the world through the medium of motion pictures. Through the Grants Program, the Academy seeks to adhere to the following guiding principles:
- Promote diversity
- Bridge the opportunity divide
- Attract and engage broad new audiences for theatrical motion pictures
- Provide a platform for underrepresented artists, the full range of film genres, and a variety of viewpoints and approaches
- Encourage filmmaking as a vocation
- Illuminate less visible aspects of filmmaking and the film industry through scholarly research, presentations, and discussions
FilmWatch grants support curated screening programs at North America-based film festivals, film societies, and other film-related organizations. Targeted programs include those that create culturally diverse viewing experiences, promote motion pictures as an art form, provide a platform for underrepresented artists, and cultivate new and dedicated audiences for theatrical film.
Amount: Grants generally range from $5,000-$20,000.
Eligibility: Organizations must:
- Have nonprofit, tax-exempt status at the time of application
- Apply directly on its own behalf (fiscal sponsors for U.S.-based organizations are not allowed)
- Have a five-year history of programming