Albuquerque Public School Education Foundation: Achieve AwardsDeadline: September 10, 2019
Achieve Awards are designed to support school-based programs and student activities that engage students beyond the regular school day. Projects funded under this grant include before- and after-school clubs, student organizations/groups, and extracurricular/co-curricular activities.
Proposals must meet the following criteria:
- Be clearly aligned with award’s focus and district’s priorities. Co-curricular and extracurricular activities must be designed to supplement school curriculum and promote entertainment, character, participation, and leadership.
- Build on student engagement, academic experiences, and positive student outcomes.
- Have clearly defined goals and measurable outcomes to determine the success of the project.
- Have a realistic budget and use the award to cover teacher stipends, purchased services, and/or supplies and materials within the proposed activity.
- Does not include requests for facilities needs within budget.
- Demonstrate an effort to raise funds through other sources in effort to sustain the proposed student club or activity.
Primary consideration will be given to proposals that:
- Impact a maximum number of students
- Include a creative and innovative teaching/learning approach
- Can be modeled for future programs and learning
Amount: A total of $100,000 is anticipated to be available (through two application cycles). Grants ranging up to $10,000 will be awarded.
Eligibility: Albuquerque Public School (APS) K-12 schools and APS Departments are eligible to apply, which includes teachers, educational assistants, librarians, counselors, social workers, and other school personnel. Applicants may apply as individuals or as part of a group. All applicants must certify that the principal/immediate supervisor is aware of the proposal and supports the application. Achieve Awards will not be funded without the support of school administration. Only APS employees may submit applications.