Albuquerque Public Schools Education Foundation: Guhl Literacy AwardsDeadline: September 10, 2019
Guhl Literacy Awards support school leaders in improving literacy at the PreK-5 level. Awards are intended to fund programs or projects with the potential to serve large numbers of students and to improve the literacy of students in a measurable way.
The Albuquerque Public Schools (APS) Education Foundation envisions its grant programs as an opportunity to pilot new, innovative, or promising early learning in the district. The Guhl Literacy Award advances early literacy in a measurable way, meeting the district’s goal.
Proposals must meet the following criteria:
- Serve an entire school or a large percentage of students, such as a grade level or department
- Focus on meeting the needs of and improving early literacy outcomes for students and clearly aligned with district’s priorities
- Have clearly defined goals and measurable outcomes to determine the success of the project
- Have a realistic budget and use the award to cover teacher stipends, purchased services, and/or supplies and materials within the proposed activity
- Demonstrate an effort to raise funds through other sources in effort to sustain the proposed project
Amount: A total of $100,000 is available to make awards that range from $15,000-$35,000.
Eligibility: Albuquerque Public Schools (APS) PreK–5 school principals and APS Departments working with elementary school programs or collaborations of elementary schools are eligible to apply. Members of an APS elementary school’s administrative team, which includes the assistant principal, may also submit an application. If the applicant is not the principal, the applicant must certify that the principal has read the proposal and supports the full application, including project budget. Only APS employees may submit applications. Only one application per school will be accepted.