Albuquerque Public Schools Education Foundation: Guhl Literacy AwardsDeadline: March 28, 2018
The Guhl Literacy Award aims to fund ideas or projects that promote innovative school-level programs with measurable impact on literacy. Criteria for funding:
- Student impact: Ideas or projects that promote innovative school-level programs with measurable impact in the area of early literacy are sought in a competitive process.
- Widespread impact: Reaching the most students for the dollar is critical, so a key consideration will include the number of students who will directly benefit from the effort.
- Solid planning: A realistic budget, including all costs, is essential to a good application. Extra consideration will be given to schools that can formulate a funding plan, minus foundation assistance, for the long term.
Amount: Awards will range between $15,000-$35,000. The project should be implemented during the 2018-2019 school year and can be structured to take place over two years. The Foundation may award one or more grants, depending on the applications received.
- Submissions are limited to APS comprehensive and magnet schools. Only schools serving students in grades PreK-5 are eligible to apply. Departments which work with multiple schools or collaborations of schools are also eligible to apply.
- Only one application per school/department will be accepted. Principals must apply on behalf of their schools in order to demonstrate their commitment to implementing the project.
- Partnerships with 501(c)(3) organizations that allow the school community to be innovative in advancing student achievement are allowed, but the applicant must be an APS employee.