Albuquerque Public Schools Education Foundation: Horizon AwardsDeadline: September 10, 2019
The Albuquerque Public Schools (APS) Education Foundation Horizon Awards support educators in their efforts to provide innovative, hands-on learning opportunities to students in Albuquerque Public Schools. Horizon Awards are specifically targeted towards classroom projects in three key areas: STEM, fine arts, and literacy.
Proposals must meet the following criteria:
- Clearly aligned with award’s focus and district’s priorities
- Build on student engagement, academic experiences, and positive student outcomes in the areas of STEM, fine arts, and literacy
- Have clearly defined goals and measurable outcomes to determine the success of the project
- Have a realistic budget and use the award to cover teacher stipends, purchased services, and/or supplies and materials within the proposed activity
- Does not include requests for facilities needs within budget
- Demonstrate an effort to raise funds through other sources in effort to sustain the proposed student club or activity
Amount: A total of up to $120,000 is available to make awards of up to $1,500 for an individual project targeting a single classroom and awards of up to $5,000 for a team project targeting multiple classrooms.
Eligibility: APS K-12 schools and APS departments are eligible to apply, which includes teachers, educational assistants, librarians, counselors, social workers, and other school personnel. Applicants may apply as individuals or as part of a group. All applicants must certify that the principal/immediate supervisor is aware of the proposal and supports the application. Horizon Awards will not be funded without the support of school administration. Only APS employees may submit applications.