Albuquerque Public Schools Education Foundation: Success AwardDeadline: September 11, 2018
The Albuquerque Public Schools (APS) Education Foundation Success Award is an effort from the APS Education Foundation to fund ideas or projects that promote innovative school-level programs with measurable impact. In recognition of the timing of this grant, the project should be begin implementation the 2018-2019 school year and can be structured to take place over two years.
Criteria for funding:
- Student Impact: Please make the case that funding this proposal can show results in keeping students in school, giving them a heightened chance for success in their academic futures, or improving the learning environment overall.
- Widespread Impact: Reaching the most students for the dollar is critical, so a key consideration will include the number of students who will directly benefit from the effort.
- Solid Planning: A realistic budget, including all costs, is essential to a good application. Extra consideration will be given to schools that can formulate a funding plan, minus Foundation assistance, for the long term.
Amount: One grant of up to $25,000 will be awarded.
- Grant budgets can include stipends at $22.00 per hour for teachers, but must also include benefits and taxes at 24.49% in accordance with APS standards.
- Out-of-state travel requests can not be approved at this time.
- Schools requesting a large investment in technology should consult with Jason Johnson at email@example.com to confirm that your school’s infrastructure is sufficient to meet your needs.
- Submissions are limited to APS comprehensive and magnet schools. Elementary, middle, and high schools are eligible to apply. Departments which will work with multiple schools or collaborations of schools are also eligible to apply.
- Only one application per school will be accepted. Principals must apply on behalf of their schools in order to demonstrate their commitment to implementing the project.
- Partnerships with 501(c)(3) organizations that allow the school community to be innovative in advancing student achievement are allowed, but the applicant must be an APS employee.