Albuquerque Public Schools: Educational Diagnostic Services for Special EducationDeadline: September 6, 2018
Albuquerque Public Schools (APS) Special Education Division is seeking qualified agencies and organizations to provide Educational Diagnostic Services as needed by the district. educational diagnostic services, assessments and training services as needed by the district in providing the services listed below. All contractor service assignments are issued directly by the Special Education Department in accord with vendor availability and student needs. Contractors will determine how many hours they are available to work per day/per week and will submit a statement of such availability to the APS Special Education Department. The APS Special Education Department will then propose a service schedule to the contractor for her/his approval.
Required contractor work shall include a minimum of the activities set forth below:
- Perform Educational Diagnostic service, according to the New Mexico Technical Evaluation and Assessment Manual (NMTEAM) and any and all amendments, and according to the state and federal regulations and within professional ethics for Educational Diagnostic Services
- Submit to APS all completed protocols
- Provide a parent interpretive conference
- Complete federal and state documentation governing the provision of, and payment for, vendors’ services
- Agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless APS and its officials, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings of any kind brought against said parties as a result of any services performed by the contractor
APS responsibilities include to:
- Generate list of approved educational diagnosticians assigned to the APS
- Provide a pre-service orientation meeting for contracting educational diagnosticians to address procedures related to licensure, documentation, fingerprinting and background checks, service documentation, and federal, state, and district requirements
- Determine the appropriateness of billing third-parties for contractor services
- Provide a list of students who have been referred for evaluation each service provider
- Provide, for each student referred, referral information such as case histories, including educational, family and medical information, hearing and vision screening, and other relevant data necessary to conduct an evaluation
- Coordinate evaluation sessions on APS sites
- Provide copies of the New Mexico State Technical Evaluation and Assessment Manual (NMTEAM)
Amount: Contract awards will be made.
Eligibility: Qualified agencies and organizations (no individuals) may apply. Contractors must provide the following documentation:
- Copy of New Mexico Public Education Department licensure for an Educational Diagnostician.
- If the contractor has submitted and can demonstrate that paper work for licensing or certification has been submitted to the proper issuing agency. The contractor will have 45 days to submit to APS the issued license or certification.
- Offeror must complete, sign and include the Statement of Confidentiality with their offer.
- Provide monthly billing and student contact forms as requested by APS related service office.