Albuquerque Public Schools: Social Work Services for Special Education
Albuquerque Public Schools (APS) Special Education Division is seeking qualified agencies or organizations (no individuals) to provide Social Work Services as needed by the district. All contractor service assignments are issued directly by the Special Education Department in accord with vendor availability and student needs. Contractors will determine how many hours they are available to work per day/per week and will submit a statement of such availability to the APS Special Education Department. The APS Special Education Department will then propose a service schedule to the contractor for her/his approval.
Work shall include a minimum of the activities set forth below:
- When requested, conduct social work evaluations and provide direct and indirect services for eligible assigned students according to the state and federal regulations.
- When requested, provide supervision in the manner required by the NM Board of Social Work Examiner’s (NMBSWE) for licensed Master of Social Work.
- Assure that all social work services are provided in accordance with state licensure requirements and within standards of professional ethics.
- Design and implement social work services to assign caseload at assigned sites including teacher consultation services, appropriate to meet the needs of the individual students as determined by the IEP Committee.
- Provide caseload information for data input, Medicaid documentation, progress reports, and/or evaluation reports within specified timeframes, as required by APS.
- Agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless APS and its officials, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings of any kind brought against said parties as a result of any services performed by the Contractor.
Amount: Not provided. A contract award will be made.
Eligibility: An “offeror” is defined as any person, corporation, or partnership who chooses to submit a proposal or a bid. Successful offerors will be able to provide the following documentation:
- Copy of State of NM Board of Social Work Examiner’s (NMBSWE) License to practice as a Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- Copy of State of NM Board of Social Work Examiner’s Supervisors Certification with name appearing on NMBSWE website list.
- Copy of New Mexico Public Education Department licensure for social workers.
- The contractor has submitted and can demonstrate that paper work for licensing or certification has been submitted to the proper issuing agency. The contractor will have 45 days to submit to APS the issued license or certification.
- Must provide completed application for a Medicaid provider number or an assigned Medicaid Provider number. The contractor will submit Medicaid service documentation as required by APS procedures.
- Non-compliance with APS Medicaid service documentation can/will result in withholding of payment for services until documentation is submitted and complete.
- Must complete, sign, and include the Statement of Confidentiality with the offer.
- Provide monthly billing and student contact forms as requested by APS Social Work Services Division.
This post was filed under: