American Alpine Club: Cornerstone Conservation GrantsDeadline: August 15, 2016
The American Alpine Club’s (AAC’s) Cornerstone Conservation grant, powered by REI, creates healthy climbing landscapes, promotes respect for the places we climb, and empowers local climbing communities. The Cornerstone Conservation Grant has grown out of a decade of American Alpine Club underwriting and volunteerism. Proposed projects must:
- Have measurable, high impact yet achievable goals
- Incorporate best practices for sustainability
- Improve land conservation and/or climber practices
- Demonstrate reduced impact from climber practices
- Demonstrate a plan for long term success
- Engage members of the local climbing community
- Have a realistic budget
- Utilize matching agency, local funds, or Access Fund grant money
Amount: Grants will range from $1,000-$8,000.
Eligibility: Nonprofit organizations or those with a fiscal sponsor. Applications should have local land manager endorsement and have local AAC Section endorsement.