American Honda FoundationDeadline: May 1, 2014
The American Honda Foundation engages in grant making that reflects the basic tenets, beliefs and philosophies of Honda companies, which are characterized by the following qualities: imaginative, creative, youthful, forward-thinking, scientific, humanistic and innovative. The Foundation supports youth education (up to age 21) with a specific focus on the STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) subjects in addition to the environment, job training, and literacy. Programs should be:
* Innovative and creative that propose untried methods which ultimately may result in providing solutions to the complex educational concerns currently facing the American society.
* Broad in scope, intent, impact and outreach.
* Possess a high potential for success with a relatively low incidence of duplication of effort (i.e. other organizations administering the same programs).
* Dedicated to improving the human condition of all mankind.
* Operate from a position of financial and administrative soundness.
* In urgent need of funding from a priority basis (not necessarily financial need); i.e., the relative importance of the program or project to the public.
Amount: Grants range from $20,000-$75,000.
Eligibility: Nonprofit charitable organizations classified as a 501(c) (3) public charity by the Internal Revenue Service, or a public school district, private/public elementary and secondary schools as listed by the U.S. Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).