Banfield Foundation: Pet Advocacy Grants
Banfield Foundation is committed to supporting organizations that provide veterinary assistance to pet owners and work to keep pets in homes with their families. The Foundation’s Pet Advocacy Grants fund programs that help pets and their families stay together. The Banfield Foundation funding priorities are focused on programs that provide a direct solution to avoid surrender or separation of companion pets from families. Programs funded include:
- Basic veterinary care for financially-challenged companion pet owners and families
- Programs that help the vulnerable population (homeless, seriously ill, homebound, disabled, domestic abuse victims, etc.) care for or keep their pets
- Education programs that directly relate to keeping companion pets and their people together
- Behavior modification programs to correct inappropriate companion pet behaviors so that pets may remain in the home
- Disaster preparedness focused on pets and pet owners
- Special projects may be considered
Amount: Grants typically range from $1,000-$10,000.
Eligibility: Nonprofit organizations. The Foundation prefers applications from small and medium sized nonprofits.
This post was filed under: