Bernalillo County: Neighborhood Outreach Grant Program
The Neighborhood Outreach Grant Program was created to assist neighborhood groups to continue participation and outreach to residents of Bernalillo County. As part of this grant program, Bernalillo County Neighborhood Coordination promotes collaboration between the county and the community. Community building is core to project success. The process of bringing people together and building relationships is as important as project results. Projects must:
- Occur within Bernalillo County
- Provide a public benefit
- Be free and open to all residents within neighborhood association boundaries
- Emphasize self‐help with project ideas initiated, planned, and implemented by the neighbors and community members who will themselves be impacted by the project
- Demonstrate community match (required for large projects only)
Amount: A total of $50,000 is available to awards grants. Small and large projects will be funded as follows:
- Small project funding (up to $3,000 per organization) is available for projects that benefit the residents of the neighborhood and/or provide a service to those residents.
- Large project funding ($3,000 to $10,000 per organization) is available for those projects that are larger in scope that benefit the broader community and may require technical assistance or professional services. These projects have matching in‐kind requirements and require a fiscal agent. Requests over $5,000 require collaboration with other organizations.
Eligibility: Neighborhood associations and coalitions within Bernalillo County that are on the City of Albuquerque or Bernalillo County’s list of Recognized Neighborhood Associations.
Note: A non-mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held on April 11, 2016.
This post was filed under: