Bernalillo County: Substance Abuse Prevention ServicesDeadline: April 30, 2015
On behalf of the Bernalillo County DWI Program, the Purchasing Department is soliciting proposals from qualified public and private entities to provide the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices (SAMHSA-NREPP) All Stars Middle School Substance Abuse Prevention Curriculum.
The curriculum shall follow the Institute of Medicine prevention framework of Universal, Selective and Indicated Prevention Interventions and be designed to increase protective factors and/or reduce risk factors associated with substance abuse across one or more of the following six domains identified by the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention: Individual, Peer, Family, School, Community, or Society/Environment.
The Successful Offeror shall provide the following:
- SAMHSA-NREPP All Stars Middle School Substance Abuse Prevention Curriculum to a minimum of 55 classes at 15-20 Bernalillo county middle schools.
- Attendance at a minimum of three Bernalillo County Department of Substance Abuse Prevention (BC-DSAP) Prevention Providers meetings per fiscal year (July 1 through June 30).
- Six to eight prevention presentations as part of the Bernalillo County Department of Substance Abuse Prevention University of New Mexico (UNM) Lobo Incoming Freshman Program. The presentations will be conducted in a team approach with other Prevention Providers.
- Handouts to all students at the completion of the curriculum and incorporate the BC-DSAP Be “Above the Influence” messages (material will be provided by BC-DSAP) into the handouts.
- An evaluation summary with quantitative and qualitative data at the completion of each class curriculum to Bernalillo County Department of Substance Abuse.
- Participation in live radio show discussions of the Curriculum and related services 2-3 times per fiscal year.
Amount: Contract award.
Eligibility: An “offeror” is defined as any person, corporation, or partnership who chooses to submit a proposal.
Note: There is a non-mandatory conference on April 8, 2015.