Big Lots Foundation
The mission of the Big Lots Foundation is to improve and enrich the lives of families and children. Giving priorities include supporting programs or organizations in the following areas:
- Healthcare: Improving healthcare through research and education; providing preventative education and care; and providing affordable, critical medical care
- Housing: Preventing families or individuals from losing their housing; providing affordable, stable housing; and providing emergency shelter for families and individuals
- Hunger: Providing nutritious food or meals; providing emergency food assistance; and educating families or individuals about the importance of healthy eating
- Education: Providing service-learning curriculum that aligns with education standards; promoting servant leadership through academic and experiential learning; improving classroom learning outcomes through innovation
Priority is given to projects that:
- Have a Big Lots associate involved as a board member, board committee, member, or key volunteer
- Support needy families, helping them transition from poverty to self-sufficiency
- Come from organizations with strong fiscal management and board member commitment and involvement
Amount: Not specified.
Eligibility: Tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations located in the United States where Big Lots operates stores (across the United States), distribution centers (Columbus, OH, Tremont, PA, Durant, OK, Montgomery, AL, Rancho Cucamonga, CA), or the corporate office (Columbus, Ohio). Individual K-12 schools are not eligible.
This post was filed under: