Chamber Music America: Presenter Consortium for Jazz
Chamber Music America’s (CMA’s) Presenter Consortium for Jazz provides support to consortia of three U.S. presenters that collectively engage up to three professional U.S. jazz ensembles (consisting of 2-10 musicians each) to perform at each presenter’s venue. Incentives are are available to each consortium partner that invites one of the CMA New Jazz Works grantee ensembles to perform its entire CMA commission. Presenter Consortium for Jazz funds the following eligible expenses: ensemble(s), concert fees, travel, housing, per diem, cartage, and the presenters’ marketing and production costs for the proposed concerts. All activity must take place between January 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020.
Amount: The maximum grant is $10,000 per consortium partner, or $30,000 total. A $1,000 incentive per ensemble is available to a Consortium that programs a CMA New Jazz Works grantee ensemble(s) in performance of its entire CMA New Jazz Works-commissioned work.The program will fund up to 75% of eligible expenses.
Eligibility: Each of the three presenting organizations in a consortium must:
- Be based in the U.S. or its territories
- Be located in three separate locations at least 50 miles apart
- Be 501(c)(3) organizations or otherwise eligible for charitable contributions for federal income, estate and gift-tax purposes
- Be CMA member organizations
- Have no overdue reports or financial obligations to CMA
This post was filed under: