Children, Youth and Families Department: Foster Parent Support ServicesDeadline: October 23, 2015
The Foster Parent Support Program works to provide statewide support systems to licensed foster families that cultivate positive relationships that result in higher foster parent retention. Goals are:
- To provide an improved support system for licensed foster families. Improved support shall include facilitation of monthly support groups for foster parents and their families, on site children activities during county wide trainings and events, facilitation of a confidential support network for foster parents, and establishing a “warm line” foster parents can call in the event of non-emergency situations.
- To provide grief and loss training to foster parents and their biological and/or adopted children to increase foster parent resiliency and long term connections.
- To provide support services in English and Spanish.
The awarded contractor shall:
- Provide grief and loss training for foster parents
- Provide monthly support groups for foster parents, their biological and adopted children and their families
- Provide child care for foster parents during trainings and events
- Provide child care for the annual foster parent conference
- Create and maintain a support network for foster parents while ensuring confidentiality
- Establish and maintain a warm line for foster parents
Award: Multiple contract agreements will be made. Funding is for a four year period.
Eligibility: An “Offeror” is defined as any person, corporation, or partnership who chooses to submit a proposal.
Note: A pre-proposal conference (optional) will be held on October 8, 2015.