Children, Youth and Families Department: Home Study ServicesDeadline: October 15, 2014
The Children, Youth and Families Department (CYFD) is soliciting proposals to establish contracts through competitive negotiations for the procurement of Home Study Services. Services shall be delivered during the period of January 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016. CYFD is developing and operating coordinated programs of community-based family support services, family preservation services, and time-limited family reunification services, as well as adoption promotion and support services to accomplish the following objectives:
- Prevent child maltreatment among families at risk through the provision of supportive family services.
- Assure children’s safety within the home and preserve families in which children have been maltreated, when the family’s problems can be addressed effectively.
- Address the problems of families whose children have been placed in foster care so that reunification may occur in a safe and stable manner in accordance with the Adoption and Safe Families Act of 1997.
- Support adoptive families by providing support services as necessary so that they can make a lifetime commitment to their children.
CYFD’s priority is to serve prospective foster/adoptive families and provide Home Studies to families within the State of New Mexico.
Amount: The total funding available under this RFP is approximately $105,000.00 for FY15 and $252,000.00 FY16. Funding will be awarded for two years. The funding will be awarded by region as follows:
- $39,585 – Northwest Region 1: San Juan, Sandoval, McKinley, Cibola, Valencia & Torrance counties
- $27,080 – Northeast Region 2: Rio Arriba, Taos, Colfax, Union, Los Alamos, Mora, San Miguel, Guadalupe, Santa Fe counties
- $38,335 – Southeast Region 5: Catron, Socorro, Lincoln, Grant, Sierra, Hidalgo, Luna, Dona Ana, and Otero counties
- * $95,000 – Northwest Region 1: San Juan, Sandoval, McKinley, Cibola, Valencia & Torrance counties
- * $65,000 – Northeast Region 2: Rio Arriba, Taos, Colfax, Union, Los Alamos, Mora, San Miguel, Guadalupe, Santa Fe counties
- * $92,000 – Southwest Region 5: Catron, Socorro, Lincoln, Grant, Sierra, Hidalgo, Luna, Dona Ana, and Otero counties
Eligibility: A public/private nonprofit corporation 501(c)(3); a government agency including public schools, tribal units and institutions of higher education; a not-for-profit community-based organization; or a for-profit Corporation that is able to provide the required services. Collaborative entities and coalitions may also be considered for funding. (Bernalillo County is not eligible for this opportunity.)
Note: There is a pre-proposal conference on September 23, 2014.