City of Santa Fe: Community Arts Development
The Community Arts Development program (CAD) funds community-based organizations presenting projects of high artistic quality that provide arts services to the local community, with an emphasis on projects that bring the community together to celebrate the diversity of artistic heritage. Education through the arts projects in schools and other settings are eligible to apply.
Organizations who receive contracts for funding shall provide the following services:
- All required services to ensure the presentation and production of the projects as described in the application
- Present opportunities for youth and/or other underserved population to benefit from the project by providing free or reduced access to the project as outlined in the application and demonstrated by the documentation and reporting of audience statistical and demographic information, including minority participation in the project
- Market and promote the City by utilizing the City’s arts logo and credit line on all printed promotional material related to the project
- Promote and market the project locally and regionally and demonstrate evidence of attracting audiences through statistical and demographic information
- Present arts educational programs and opportunities for the Santa Fe community that increase understanding of the project’s artistic discipline or work of art
- Encourage the cultural development of Santa Fe through maintaining high standards of artistic excellence as demonstrated by the presentation of performances, exhibitions, and/or services
- Strengthen the position of the arts as an integral part of Santa Fe by providing cultural benefits and contributing to the City’s artistic identity and access to underserved constituencies
- Provide a final report to the City providing statistical and demographic information about audience attendance and the results of the project
Amount: Awards range up to $6,000.
Eligibility: Tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations. Education through the arts projects in schools and other settings are eligible to apply. Informal groups who would like to apply for funding are encouraged to do so utilizing the services of a fiscal agent. The City shall give preference to “resident businesses,” which are businesses that have a valid resident business certificate issued by the taxation and revenue department and which show that the resident business resides within the Santa Fe municipal limits. See solicitation for more details about eligibility.
This post was filed under: