City of Santa Fe: Community Arts DevelopmentDeadline: June 12, 2018
The Community Arts Development program (CAD) funds presenting projects of high artistic quality that provide arts services to the local community, with an emphasis on projects that bring the community together to celebrate the diversity of artistic heritage. Education through the arts projects in schools and other settings are eligible to apply. Informal groups who would like to apply for funding are encouraged to do so utilizing the services of a fiscal agent
Organizations who receive contracts for funding shall provide the following services:
- All required services to ensure the presentation and production of the projects as described in the application
- Present opportunities for youth and/or other underserved populations to benefit from the project by providing free or reduced price access to the project as outlined in the application and demonstrated by the documentation and reporting of audience statistical and demographic information, including minority participation in the project
- Market and promote the City by utilizing the City’s arts logo and credit line on all printed promotional material related to the project
- Promote and market the project locally and regionally and demonstrate evidence of attracting audiences through statistical and demographic information
- Present arts educational programs and opportunities for the Santa Fe community that increase understanding of the project’s artistic discipline or work of art
- Encourage the cultural development of Santa Fe through maintaining high standards of artistic excellence as demonstrated by the presentation of performances, exhibitions, and /or services
- Strengthen the position of the arts as an integral part of Santa Fe by providing cultural benefits and contributing to the City’s artistic identity and access to underserved constituencies
- Provide a final report to the City providing statistical and demographic information about audience attendance and the results of the project
Amount: Awards range up to $6,000. Organizations must match the contract amount dollar-for-dollar in any combination of cash or in-kind, provided the organizational budget is under $1 million. Organizations with annual operating budgets over $1 million must meet the match in cash.
- With rare exception, only Santa Fe-based organizations are eligible
- Only organizations with a mission that includes the arts may apply
- Projects must take place in the northern portion of Santa Fe county (i.e., Madrid/Galisteo to northern boundary of county)
- Organizations must be a federally recognized nonprofit with an IRS 501(c)3 status; a public agency; a county, state, or education institution; or apply through a fiscal agent
- Organizations must have a state of New Mexico Incorporation Certificate as a domestic or foreign nonprofit corporation and be in good standing with the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission (NMPRC)
- Organizations must have a current City of Santa Fe business registration number
- City of Santa Fe-operated programs are not eligible
Organizations considering applying for funding for the first time are encouraged to contact the Arts Commission at (505) 955-6707 prior to submitting an application. Arts Commission staff is available to help ensure that both an organization and a project are eligible for funding, as well as to provide guidance regarding in which funding program to apply.
Note: Applicants are encouraged to attend a technical assistance workshop on May 14, 2018 at 9:00 AM in the Nambe Room of the Santa Fe Community Convention Center.