City of Santa Fe: Global Arts Marketing SupportDeadline: January 26, 2018
Global Arts Marketing Support provides larger contract amounts to bigger nonprofit arts organizations for providing marketing/promotional services of major cultural events and year-round institutional programs. Organizations also provide programs and services that support the City of Santa Fe Arts Commission’s work in the areas of youth arts, economic growth, creative spaces, and engagement. To be eligible, applicants must demonstrate marketing plans for reaching international and national audiences.
Specifically, contracts will fund organizations that provide the following services to the City:
- Promote and advertise nonprofit attractions and nonprofit performing arts in Santa Fe through the presentation and production of the project
- Promote and market the project locally, regionally, nationally, and/or internationally through media coverage and placements that emphasize target markets and demonstrate evidence of attracting audiences
- Promote and market the City by utilizing the City’s arts logo and credit line on all printed promotional material related to the project
- Improve marketing effectiveness by providing Santa Fe businesses with opportunities to tie-in to cultural events in Santa Fe by attracting audiences
- Encourage the cultural development of Santa Fe by maintaining high standards of artistic excellence as demonstrated by an ongoing series of performances, exhibitions, and/or services
- Strengthen the position of the arts as an integral part of Santa Fe by: 1) providing cultural benefits and preserving the artistic identity of Santa Fe; 2) providing educational programs and opportunities; and 3) providing access to new and underserved audiences
- Demonstrate administrative competency through planning, quality programming and realistic budgeting
- Provide a final report to the City providing statistical and demographic information about audience attendance and the results of the project
- Prepare for a site visit by or to give a presentation to members of the City of Santa Fe Arts Commission at least once during the two year agreement
Supported projects must:
- Support the presentation of artistic content to the general public; no support is directed to provide general operating funds or funding to support ancillary, non-arts-based programs. Examples of public presentations include performances, productions, exhibitions, art markets, fairs and festivals (i.e. indoor or outdoor community celebrations of the arts), and workshops or conferences.
- All public presentations must be open and accessible to the general public.
- Projects must take place in the northern portion of Santa Fe county (i.e. Madrid/Galisteo to northern boundary of county).
- Have a minimum project budget of $300,000.
- Demonstrate economic impact, such as cultural and tourism impact for the city, through geographic information of audience, tickets sold for events, and contribution to the Lodgers Tax revenues.
Amount: Applicants may request up to $100,000 under a biannual deadline. Organizations must match the contract amount dollar-for-dollar in cash.
Eligibility: Organizations must be:
- Santa Fe-based and have a mission that includes the arts
- Be a federally recognized nonprofit with an IRS 501(c)3 status; or a public agency
- Have a state of New Mexico Incorporation Certificate as a domestic or foreign nonprofit corporation and be in good standing with the state
- Submit a current copy of their city of Santa Fe business registration
- Have an annual organizational operating budget over $600,000 during the most recently completed fiscal year, as evidenced by the IRS form 990
- Employ a full-time, paid administrative staff of at least 4 FTE
City of Santa Fe-operated programs are not eligible.
Note: A technical assistance workshop will be held on January 8, 2018, 9:00 am at the Santa Fe Community Convention Center, Nambe Room.