City of Santa Fe: Lodgers’ Tax for the Arts – Regional Arts MarketingDeadline: February 28, 2019
Regional Arts Marketing Support (formerly Category B) provides funds for marketing/promotion of seasonal or year-round programming. This program is ideal for organizations with limited full-time staff. Awarded contractors shall provide the following services for the City of Santa Fe:
- Advertise, publicize, and promote Santa Fe as an arts center through presentation and production of the proposed project.
- Promote and advertise nonprofit attractions and nonprofit performing arts in Santa Fe through the presentation and production of the project.
- Market and promote the project locally and regionally through media coverage and placements that emphasize target markets and demonstrate evidence of attracting audiences. The region of main focus includes NM, AZ, TX, and CO, as well as other southwestern states.
- Promote and market the City by utilizing the City’s arts logo and credit line on all printed promotional material related to the project.
- Encourage the cultural development of Santa Fe by maintaining high standards of artistic excellence as demonstrated by an ongoing series of performances, exhibitions, and/or services.
- Take place in the northern portion of Santa Fe county (i.e., Madrid/Galisteo to northern boundary of county)
- Support the presentation of artistic content to the public (i.e., performances, productions, exhibitions, art markets, fairs, and festivals); funds cannot support ancillary, non-arts programs
Amount: Organizations may request up to $35,000 inclusive of Gross Receipts Tax. Multiple contracts may be awarded. Organizations must match the contract amount dollar-for-dollar in cash.
Eligibility: Applicant organizations must:
- Be a Santa Fe-based organization whose mission includes the arts
- Be a federally-recognized nonprofit with an IRS 501(c)3 status or a public agency
- Have a New Mexico Incorporation Certificate as a domestic or foreign nonprofit corporation and be in good standing with the state
- Have a current City of Santa Fe business registration number
- Demonstrate annual organizational operating budget below $500,000 during the most recently completed fiscal year as evidenced by the IRS Form 990