Constellation: E2 Energy to Educate GrantsDeadline: October 1, 2015
Constellation is a supplier of power, natural gas, renewable energy, and energy management products and services for homes and businesses across the continental United States. Through the E2 Energy to Educate grant program, Constellation offers students in grades 6-12 and college opportunities to experience problem-solving today’s and tomorrow’s energy challenges. Grants fund projects designed to enhance students’ understanding of science and technology, and inspire them to think differently about energy. Energy to Educate projects should be team oriented, learning focused, hands-on demonstration projects with specific results that reach a minimum of 100 students.
Projects must align with at least one of the three Energy Knowledge & Innovation focus areas:
Energy Science: Building Blocks
- Focus on advancements in basic science needed to address energy issues
- Further student understanding of how various scientific and engineering disciplines are part of the
- Topics include: Nuclear Technology, Fossil Fuel Combustion Efficiency, Alternatives to Steam Generation
Energy Technology: Intelligent Applications
- Focus on new technologies now emerging into the marketplace.
- Advance student and public understanding of what makes some technologies succeed and others fail
- Topics include: Solar Technology, Distributed Generation, Electrical Vehicles, Energy Storage
Energy Education: The Conscious Consumer
- What the “Smart” in “Smart-Grid” really means
- How information technology is changing the way the electric power industry manages itself and the way people think about their energy use
- Topics include: Home Energy Management, Smart Buildings, Energy Efficiency Verification
Amount: Education grants for 6-12 grade: Up to $25,000 each; Higher Education grants: Up to $50,000 each.
Eligibility: Schools, school districts, or 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.