Consumer Product Safety Commission: Pool Safely Grant ProgramDeadline: June 5, 2019
The Pool Safely Grant Program (PSGP) aims to prevent the drowning and drain entrapments of children in pools and spas. The PSGP seeks to provide funding to support drowning prevention education and enforcement of pool safety requirements. Under the PSGP, award recipients must allocate their funding as follows:
1) At least 50% of the funding must be used to hire and train enforcement personnel for implementation and enforcement of standards under the state or local swimming pool and spa safety law
2) The remainder may be used to:
- Educate pool construction and installation companies and pool service companies about the standards
- Educate pool owners, pool operators, and other members of the public about the standards under the swimming pool and spa safety law and about the prevention of drowning or entrapment of children using swimming pools and spas
- Defray administrative costs associated with such training and education programs
Amount: A total of $2,000,000 is available to make up to eight awards that range from $50,000-$100,000. The project period is for up to two years.
Eligibility: States and local governments/political subdivisions of a state, which may include a county, municipality, city, town, township, local public authority, school district, special district, intrastate district, council of governments, or any agency or instrumentality of a local government.