Department of Health and Human Services: Replicating Evidence-Based Teen Pregnancy Prevention Programs to Scale in Communities with Greatest Need (Tier 1B)Deadline: April 1, 2015
The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to have a significant impact on reducing rates of teen pregnancy and existing disparities by replicating evidence-based TPP programs to scale in at least 3 settings in communities and with populations at greatest need. Applicants can propose to work in a single community or in multiple communities. Each target community must be defined by clear geographic boundaries in order to assure that the number of youth served can be identified and teen pregnancy and/or teen birth rates can be monitored throughout the project.
In each community served, grantees are expected to:
* Mobilize the community to develop and implement a plan to prevent teen pregnancy and promote positive youth development
* Engage in an up to 12-month planning, piloting, and readiness period
* Implement evidence-based TPP programs to scale with fidelity and quality in at least 3 settings
* Ensure that program materials are medically accurate, age appropriate, culturally and linguistically appropriate, and inclusive of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning (LGBTQ) youth
* Ensure that programs are implemented in a safe and supportive environment for youth and their families
* Establish and maintain linkages and referrals to youth-friendly health care services
* Engage in strategic dissemination and communication activities to raise awareness of the program with youth, their families, and key stakeholders
* Develop and implement a plan for sustainability to ensure continuation of program efforts beyond the grant
* Collect and use performance measure data to make continuous quality improvements
* Evaluate the implementation and outcomes of program activities
Amount: Total: $60,000,000 for a total of 60 awards. Award range:
* $500,000-$749,999 for organizations that serve at least 700 annually
* $750,000-$999,999 for organizations that serve at least 1,500 annually
* $1,000,000-$1,249,999 for organizations that serve at least 3,000 annually
* $1,250,000-$1,499,999 for organizations that serve at least 6,000 annually
* $1,500,000-$1,749,000 for organizations that serve at least 10,000 annually
* $1,750,000-$2,000,000 for organizations that serve at least 15,000 annually.
Eligibility: Nonprofit with or without 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education); for-profit organizations (other than small business); small, minority, and women-owned businesses; universities and colleges; research institutions; hospitals; community–based organization; faith-based organizations; Federally recognized or state-recognized American Indian/Alaska Native tribal governments; American Indian/Alaska Native tribally designated organizations; Alaska Native health corporations; urban Indian health organizations; tribal epidemiology centers; state and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federal States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau); and political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States).