Department of Homeland Security: Assistance to Firefighters GrantsDeadline: October 26, 2018
The Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) Program seeks to enhance the safety of the public and firefighters with respect to fire and fire-related hazards by providing direct financial assistance to eligible fire departments, nonaffiliated EMS organizations, and State Fire Training Academies (SFTA). The program provides funding for critically needed resources to equip and train emergency personnel to recognized standards, enhance operational efficiencies, foster interoperability, and support community resilience.
Amount: A total of $315,000,000 is available to award 2,500 grants. Grant ranges are determined by the population of the jurisdiction served by the applicant, as follows:
- Up to 100,000 people: Grants of up to $1,000,000
- 100,001-500,000 people: Grants of up to $2,000,000
- 500,001-1,000,000 people: Grants of up to $3,000,000
- 1,000,001-2,500,000 people: Grants of up to $3,500,000
- More than 2,500,000 people: Grants of up to $5,000,000
Eligibility: Fire departments, nonaffiliated emergency medical service (EMS) organizations, and State Fire Training Academies (SFTA).