Dollar General Literacy Foundation: Adult Literacy GrantsDeadline: February 23, 2017
The Dollar General Literacy Foundation understands that success in today’s world requires a strong educational foundations, particularly solid literacy skills. The Foundation’s overall program goals are to:
- Increase access to programs that are designed to help adults and youth who are struggling with basic literacy and education
- Ensure individuals are able to read English at proficient levels to advance toward and obtain their high school diploma or equivalent
- Help create models of success/best practices that can be replicated in order to help increase the high school graduation rate and GED attainment rate in the United States
The Foundation’s Adult Literacy Grants award funding to organizations that provide direct service to adults in need of literacy assistance. Organizations must provide help in one of the following instructional areas:
- Adult Basic Education
- GED or high school equivalency preparation
- English Language Acquisition
Amount: Grants of up to $15,000 will be awarded.
Eligibility: 501(c)(3) organizations with a valid IRS tax ID; K-12 private or public schools; colleges or universities; and public libraries. Organizations must provide direct services and be located within 20 miles of a Dollar General store (there are 79 Dollar General stores in NM. Organizations must be listed in the National Literacy Directory.