Dollar General Literacy Foundation: Youth Literacy GrantsDeadline: May 18, 2018
The Dollar General Literacy Foundation’s Youth Literacy Grants provide funding to schools, public libraries, and nonprofit organizations to help students who are below grade level or experiencing difficulty reading. Grant funding is provided to assist in the following areas:
- Implementing new or expanding existing literacy programs
- Purchasing new technology or equipment to support literacy initiatives
- Purchasing books, materials, or software for literacy programs
Organizations must provide literacy programs that target K-12th grade students who are:
- Below grade level readers
- Readers with learning disabilities
- English Language Learners
- Students with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
Amount: Grants of up to $4,000 will be awarded.
Eligibility: 501(c)(3) organizations with a valid IRS tax ID; K-12 private or public schools; colleges or universities; and public libraries. Organizations must provide direct services and be located within 20 miles of a Dollar General store (http://www.dollargeneral.com/storeLocator/index.jsp).