Environmental Protection Agency: Hazardous Waste Management Grant Program For TribesDeadline: August 1, 2019
The Hazardous Waste Management Grant Program For Tribes will support projects designed to develop and implement hazardous waste management programs. These programs must improve the applicant’s ability to properly identify, manage, or dispose of hazardous waste. Each of the following hazardous waste management program activities are considered essential to a program:
- Hazardous Waste Identification
- Hazardous Waste Generator Siting, Monitoring, and Compliance (Large Quantity, Small Quantity, and Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generators)
- Hazardous Waste Minimization and Recycling, and the Management of Used Oil and Universal Wastes
- Hazardous Waste Transportation
- Treatment, Storage, and Disposal Facility Siting, Permitting, Monitoring, Corrective Action, and Enforcement
- Land Disposal Restrictions
Amount: Approximately $294,000 is available to make up to three awards ranging up to $98,000 each.
Eligibility: Federally-recognized tribes or intertribal consortia.