Epilepsy Foundation: Shark Tank CompetitionDeadline: December 14, 2018
The Epilepsy Therapy Project, an initiative of the Epilepsy Foundation, will support entries that represent the most innovative new ideas in epilepsy treatment and care for this Shark Tank Competition. Winner(s) will receive international recognition and compete for awards to support the development and commercialization of an important new product, technology, or therapeutic concept to help people with epilepsy.
All finalists will be invited to present their product concepts or candidates at the 2019 Anti-Epileptic Drug & Device Trials, scheduled for May 22-24, 2019. The winning entry (or entries) will be selected through live voting by conference attendees, and a panel of judges (Sharks) representing physicians and scientists, corporate executives, leading industry investors, people with epilepsy, and advocates. The project(s) deemed to be the most innovative will be announced at the conference.
Examples of novel concepts include:
- Drug or device treatment that stops a seizure, especially those already developed or approved for a different indication
- System that helps patients manage their treatment or their epilepsy (e.g., less invasive, less costly anti-epileptic drug measurement)
- Device that prevents personal injury from a seizure
- Any other concept that could improve the lives of people with epilepsy potentially in the near future
Amount: Awards of up to $200,000 each will be made to up to six finalists.
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to move the proposed plan to completion, showing how the prize can accelerate any step along the path to market.
- Inventors who submitted ideas for previous Shark Tank Competitions are encouraged to re-submit their ideas if substantial progress has been made.
- Applicants may reside in any country. No specific background or experience is required.