Fast Forward: Tech AcceleratorDeadline: March 31, 2017
Fast Forward unlocks the power of the tech community to tackle social issues. From poverty, to education access, to improving health, to environmental degradation, Fast Forward believes that technology can impact lives at scale unmatched in human history. Fast Forward seeks to fill a gap in support for tech nonprofits who, in the early stages, need to build their product and prove their model. It looks for product-driven nonprofits that leverage open source software, always connected mobile devices, open APIs, and inexpensive variable cost web infrastructure to solve education, environmental, health, and human rights issues. Fast Forward then provides financial and human capital to help scale these technology solutions and maximize impact.
Selection criteria includes:
- Leadership: Tech nonprofits do everything that is hard in a tech startup AND in a nonprofit. To pull it off, the leaders must have steadfast vision and incredible gumption.
- Tech talent: The tech vision should be the driving force of the organization and not an auxiliary program. To successfully execute that vision, tech talent must be in a leadership role.
- Potential for Impact: Fast Foward is interested in both local and global impact. If successful, how many lives will be positively influenced?
- Scalability: Software scales incredibly well. It supports organizations with a vision for change that is matched only by the potential for scale.
- Diversity: People solve problems in front of them. Fast Forward wants to empower people to solve the problems they see and experience.
Amount: Each selected applicant receives a $25,000 grant, 13 weeks of training, and connections to 100 high-caliber mentors.
Eligibility: Nonprofit organizations. For profit organizations are not eligible.