Foundation Beyond Belief: Compassionate Impact Grant ProgramDeadline: February 22, 2019
The Foundation Beyond Belief (FBB) aims to unite the humanist community in charitable and volunteer efforts, and to advocate for compassionate action throughout the world. The Compassionate Impact Grant (CIG) program supports organizations with social initiatives that solve community problems. Key program requirements are:
- Innovation: Grants will fund organizations that are developing potentially transformative solutions. FBB seeks to support an organization that pursues a new way to solve problems with a solution that is more efficient, faster, increases cost effectiveness, and leads to better results for the population served and the broader community.
- Evidence-driven: Organizations must utilize evidence to drive the development and implementation of their program. Organizations are asked to provide a thorough summary of the evidence or studies that have influenced their program. In addition, the organization must demonstrate their understanding of the range of studies and various schools of thought regarding how communities should approach this particular problem.
- Performance Measures: FBB seeks to fund organizations that utilize rigorous methods to collect and analyze data regarding the performance of their programs. Sufficient performance measure systems will involve the collection of valid and reliable data through monitoring and evaluations and analysis of data at regular intervals.
Priority will be given to organizations that can establish that their approach:
- Impacts low-income communities
- Impacts underserved or underrepresented geographic areas or populations
- Impacts historically oppressed peoples (e.g., racial minorities, minority sexual or gender identities, people living with disability)
- Uses a collaborative approach
Amount: One grant in the amount of $25,000 to $35,000 will be awarded.
Eligibility: Tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations.