Funding Queerly Giving CircleDeadline: May 30, 2020
The Funding Queerly Giving Circle is a group of young donors who believe that small-budget LGBTQI groups lack the funding resources they need to organize, build power and leadership, and make positive sustainable change. Funding Queerly has partnered with the Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice to make grants to small-budget LGBTQI groups throughout the United States who are led by and for people of color, Trans/GNC, indigenous, low-income, and rural communities.
The Giving Circle will allocate unrestricted funds to groups doing community-organizing work with and for people of color and other under-resourced communities. It will also continue its commitment to distribute a minimum 50% of our funding to organizations that are by and for Black, Trans/GNC and undocumented communities.
Amount: Grants range from $10,000 – $20,000.
Eligibility: Support will be awarded to groups that:
- Have an annual organizational budget of $250,000 or less
- Have 501C3 IRS status, have a fiscal sponsor, or be working towards a fiscal sponsorship
- Have active participation and leadership from the communities most affected by issues that the group works on
- A strong commitment and progressive community organizing approach to efforts that promote social, racial, economic, and gender justice for all LGBTQI+ people
- The community served and leadership of the organization identify as one or more of the following: Trans/GNC, Intersex, Black/African-American, people of color/people of the global majority, indigenous/Native American, poor/low-income/working class, and rural
- The organization is led by and serves LGBTQI+ communities that are historically under-resourced (e.g., elders, youth, immigrants, people with disabilities, sex workers, incarcerated people, etc.) with limited access to traditional funding streams
- Commitment to incorporating Healing Justice Practices into core organizing work