Google: CS4HSDeadline: March 19, 2017
CS4HS funding enables computer science education experts to provide exemplary CS professional development for teachers. The funding focuses on three major growth areas for teacher PD in CS:
- Facilitating the development and delivery of content that increases teachers’ knowledge of computer science and computational thinking
- Allowing providers to customize learning content to meet local needs and the sharing of best practices for engaging all students
- Addressing the building of communities of practice that continue to support teacher learning throughout the school year
The funding criteria for 2017 are:
- Professional development content must map to the K-12 CS Framework, the CSTA CS Standards, OR the Advanced Placement Computer Science Principles (CSP) Framework
- A plan for year-round community of practice (COP) work that supports ongoing PD and advocacy for computer science
- The use of Google products for the development of online courses is strongly encouraged
- Enrollment in online courses cannot be capped
Amount: Up to $35,000 each. A minimum of 10% of funding must be allocated to communities of practice work.
Eligibility: Research institutions, universities, and educational nonprofits such as professional development organizations, school districts, or local offices of education.