GRAMMY Foundation: Preservation Implementation GrantsDeadline: October 1, 2015
The GRAMMY Foundation’s Preservation grants are awarded under two funding categories:
1. Preservation Implementation Grants are available to help individuals and large organizations enhance their ability to preserve their collections that embody the recorded sound heritage of North America. The goal of the Preservation Implementation grant is to fund projects where the project materials have been identified and are in possession of the applicant, where preliminary assessment and planning has occurred, and where the applicant has addressed and/or is ready to implement the following:
- Prioritization of materials (based on uniqueness, historically significance, and at-risk status)
- Inventory and cataloging of the materials
- Stabilized, climate controlled storage of materials
- Address ownership or rights issues
- Identification of qualified staff and/or vendors
- Planned preservation methodology
- Identification of long-term storage
- Broad dissemination plan
Organizations with a budget of $500,000 or more must apply in this category.
2. Preservation Assistance Grants help individuals and small to mid-sized organizations enhance their ability to preserve their collections that embody the recorded sound heritage of North America. The goal is to fund the planning, assessment, and preparation of recorded sound collections to be archived and preserved. Applicants must describe how they will draw on the knowledge and expertise of their staff and/or outside consultants whose preservation skills are related to the type of collection and nature of activities that are the focus of the project.
Types of support for GRAMMY Foundation grants include: preservation of original, pre-existing media and source material; preservation projects which follow the recommended methodology; projects of historical, artistic, cultural, or national significance; and archiving projects including the rescue, organization of and access to pre-existing media and materials.
Amount: Preservation Implementation grant awards range up to $20,000 for each award. Preservation Assistance grant awards range up to $5,000 per award.
Eligibility: Awards are made to organizations and individuals.