IDEA Impact GrantsDeadline: March 31, 2016
IDEA seeks to promote new knowledge in the fields of teaching and learning (IDEA Impact Teaching/Learning Grant) and campus climate (IDEA Impact Campus Climate Grant). The IDEA Impact Teaching/Learning Grant is designed to promote effective student learning by carefully exploring and systematically documenting the efficacy of various teaching practices, learning environments, and institutional policies. Examples of the kinds of projects funded under the IDEA Impact Teaching/Learning Grant include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Classroom interventions designed to improve student learning
- Investigations of student and course characteristics that are related to learning
- Evaluation of innovative teaching methods
- Methods for engaging students in online courses
- Innovative approaches to faculty development
- Comprehensive approaches to teaching evaluation
- Use of student ratings to improve teaching effectiveness
The IDEA Impact Campus Climate Grant is intended to support increased knowledge and understanding of campus climate issues that impact student learning and the ability of institutions to successfully carry out their mission. Examples of the kinds of projects funded include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Innovative approaches to leadership development
- Interventions designed to improve institutional, college, or departmental climate
- Investigations of methods to improve faculty recruitment, development, and retention
- Strategies and approaches that improve student well-being
Amount: Up to $10,000 annually. IDEA acknowledges that timeframes may exceed one year and indicates that it will work with applicants accordingly.
Eligibility: Grants will support individual faculty members, professional staff, departments, colleges, or programs. Awardees will be required to work with IDEA to disseminate findings.