J.M. Kaplan Fund: Innovation PrizeDeadline: April 30, 2021
The J.M. Kaplan Innovation Prize seeks out visionary nonprofit and mission-driven for-profit organizations that work within, across, or in a manner related to one or more of the Fund’s three program areas:
- Social Justice: Buttressing democracy, voter education, and reforms to the criminal justice and immigration systems.
- The Environment: Slowing the pace of climate change and mitigating climate impacts.
- Heritage Conservation: Conserving the places that communities care about most.
The Prize will be awarded to projects or ideas that:
- Represent a game-changing answer to a clearly identified need
- Are innovative within one or more of the Fund’s three program areas
- Demonstrate the potential to develop an actionable pilot or prototype with Prize funding; and
Hold out the promise to benefit multiple individuals, communities, or sectors through a clearly articulated theory of change
Amount: A total of 10 prizes will be awarded, each each including a cash award of $150,000 over three years, plus $25,000 in technical assistance funds, for a total award of $175,000. Awardees also receive guidance through the Fund and its resource network, providing tools and training that can help turn innovative ideas into life-changing social impacts.
Eligibility: Individuals or teams representing nonprofit or for-profit organizations may apply.