Justin J. Watt FoundationDeadline: October 15, 2019
The Justin J. Watt Foundation’s (JJWF) mission is to provide after-school opportunities for middle-school aged children in the community to become involved in athletics, so that they may learn the character traits of accountability, teamwork, leadership, work ethic, and perseverance while in a safe and supervised environment with their peers.
The JJWF is considering applications for winter sports (basketball, wrestling, and volleyball). Examples of items funding will support include:
- Game jerseys and one set of game pants with school name, numbers, and JJWF logo.
- Safety equipment like helmets, pads, and wrestling or cheerleading mats.
- Balls, bats, nets, and other equipment vital to the sport.
- Reasonable storage equipment. For example, no funding for ball carts, as mesh bags would serve an equal purpose.
Amount: Past awards reviewed average from $10,000-$15,000.
Eligibility: Schools that have:
- A planned/established after school sports program in the U.S., meeting between 3:00-5:30, for kids in 6th–8th grades
- Over 60% of students eligible for Free/Reduced Lunch program
- Outdated, worn out uniforms and vital equipment that need to be replaced and will be reused year after year
- A secure place to store uniforms and equipment
- Staff, transportation, and space for the after school program