Keeling Curve PrizeDeadline: February 10, 2020
Keeling Curve Prize awards money to projects across the globe that are reducing greenhouse gas emissions or increasing uptake. Prize categories are:
- Capture and utilization: Projects that activate and accelerate natural and/or man-made systems for carbon capture, utilization, and sequestration. They are advancing technological and nature-based strategies for capturing and/or utilizing heat-trapping gases from the air or oceans.
- Energy: Projects that decarbonize energy, support zero-carbon energy innovations, and are leading the way in the supply, distribution, access, infrastructure, or improvements of low or zero-emissions energy systems worldwide.
- Finance: Projects that are making the economics and/or financial mechanisms work for heat-trapping gas reduction and/or reversal ventures.
- Social and cultural pathways: Projects that are changing the way people consider, understand, and act on humanity’s impacts affecting the livability of planet Earth. They are trying to answer the question: what does it take, socially and culturally, to develop beyond fossil fuels?
- Transport and mobility: Projects that are reimagining and reinventing all types of vehicles, fuels, and mobility options for both people and products. These projects will confront the carbon footprint of the vehicles themselves and the routes traveled.
Amount: Awards of $25,000 each will be made. Two projects will be awarded for each category.
Eligibility: The Prize will support active projects from anywhere in the world.
Note: The Prize will close upon the receipt of 300 applications or on February 10, 2020.