Kresge Foundation: Advancing Health Equity Through HousingDeadline: May 7, 2019
Note: The application registration deadline within Fluxx is April 29, 2019.
The Advancing Health Equity Through Housing funding opportunity aims to support innovative community-generated multi-sector solutions to improve health outcomes, housing affordability, and housing quality. It will support applications that:
- Address social determinants of health
- Have a strong community and equity focus
- Include partners from the health and housing fields, and ideally partners from additional sectors
- Incorporate community-level engagement and decision-making at the policy and/or practice level focused on solutions to one or more health and housing issues
Amount: A total of $2,000,000 is available. Award ranges depend on grant type, as follows:
- Project Support: Planning grant – $100,000 for up to one year; Implementation grant – $200,000 per year for up to two years
- General Operating Support: $200,000 per year for up to two years
Eligibility: Nonprofit organizations and local government agencies that are leading multi-sector, mission-driven housing enterprises. A lead applicant may be any 501(c)3 or a local government entity located in an urban area in the U.S. or U.S. territories. The most competitive proposals will be led by organizations that are deeply embedded in and trusted by residents of the community (e.g., city, state, etc.) who are the focus of the proposed project.