McCune Charitable FoundationDeadline: September 30, 2016
The Marshall L. and Perrine D. McCune Charitable Foundation is dedicated to enriching the health, education, environment, cultural, and spiritual life of New Mexicans. The Foundation memorializes its benefactors through proactive grantmaking that seeks to foster positive social change. The McCune Foundation focuses on the following nine priorities in its grantmaking:
- Capacity building in the nonprofit sector
- Economic development and family asset building
- Education transformation and early childhood development
- Leveraging opportunities in health care
- Local food industry development
- Building links between arts and community engagement
- Stewardship of natural resources
- Influencing urban planning and built environments
- Strategies for rural development
Amount: Grants generally range from $5,000-$25,000, and the average grant size is approximately $15,000.
Eligibility: Nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) status, federally recognized Indian tribes, public schools, and governmental agencies.