National Alliance for Grieving Children / New York Life Foundation: Grief Reach-Community Expansion GrantsDeadline: July 26, 2018
The National Alliance for Grieving Children (NAGC) in partnership with New York Life seeks to expand the reach and access of local bereavement programs and services to underserved youth. Grief Reach community expansion grants will support nonprofits that will expand and increase access for grief support services to underserved populations in local communities. Proposals should clearly define the target population, local partners, and strategy for expansion.
The target population is detailed as follows:
- 50% of the children served must be from low-income families (defined as an annual family income 200 percent below the poverty line, eligible for free or reduced school lunch, or other public assistance); or
- 50% of the children must come from a minority household (children and teens are considered from underrepresented populations if they fall into one or more of the following categories as described by the U.S. Census Bureau: American Indian or Alaskan Native, Black or African American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islanders, Biracial or Multiracial)
Amount: The following grants will be awarded: Five grants of $15,000; three grants of $50,000 ($25,000 per year for two years); and three grants of $100,000 ($50,000 per year for two years). Application amount must not be greater than 10% of the organization’s most recent fiscal year actuals. the grant request amount must not be greater than 10% of the organization’s most recent fiscal year actuals.
Eligibility: Organizations must:
- Be a private, nonprofit organization, with tax-exempt status, and which is not a private foundation
- Be in operation as a 501(c)3 for at least three consecutive years
- Provide 990 tax returns for the past two years
- Currently be serving bereaved youth
- Have at least one paid staff person
Notes: The application will open on June 28, 2018. A Q&A webinar will be held on July 12, 2018. See above website to register.