National Art Education Foundation: Grants ProgramDeadline: October 1, 2015
The National Art Education Foundation (NAEF) assists with efforts to represent the teachers of art in America; improve the conditions of teaching art; promote the teaching of art; encourage research and experimentation in art education; sponsor institutes, conferences, and programs on art education; and publish articles, reports, and surveys about art. The NAEF administers the following grant programs:
- Ruth Halvorsen Professional Development Grants: Scholarship support of projects focused on understanding, implementation, and issues specifically relating to the National Visual Arts Standards and support the improvement of the teaching of art.
- Mary McMullan Grants: These grants focus on projects that promote art education as an integral part of the curriculum and establish and/or improve the instruction of art in public and private elementary and secondary schools as well as schools of higher education.
- NAEA Research Grants: Grants supporting research that advances knowledge in the field of art education and that promulgates the goals outlined in Creating a Visual Arts Research Agenda Toward the 21st Century.
- SHIP Grants: Funds given to art educators whose proposals seek art equipment and/or instructional curriculum resources used to focus on student learning specifically related to the National Visual Arts Standards.
- Teacher Incentive Grants: Grants are given to projects that promote the teaching of art. Teaching of art includes, but is not limited to the instructional process, curriculum, student learning, student assessment, classroom behavior, management, or discipline, or other practices relating to instructional interaction and the achievement of student learning.
Amount: Varies by grant type:
- Ruth Halvorsen Professional Development Grants: Annual scholarships of up to $2,500.
- Mary McMullan Grants: Amounts of up to $2,500.
- NAEA Research Grants: Amounts up to $10,000 will be awarded to selected art educators whose proposals specifically focus on issues relating to one of the recommendations identified by NAEA’s Commission on Research.
- SHIP Grants: Amounts of up to $500 each.
- Teacher Incentive Grants: Amounts of up to $2,500 each.
Eligibility: NAEA members, including student and retired members, state/province associations, and recognized affiliates.