National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures: Fund for the ArtsDeadline: September 6, 2018
The National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures (NALAC) is exclusively dedicated to the promotion, advancement, development, and cultivation of the Latino arts field. Latino artists and arts organizations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico are at the forefront of social change and have made significant contributions to social justice efforts. The NALAC Fund for the Arts (NFA) supports this work and serves as a catalyst for innovation in the arts field, providing Latino cultural producers with critical funding to invest in their creative capacity and ability to make lasting contributions to their communities and society. NFA objectives are to:
- Sustain the creation and presentation of works by Latino artists and arts organizations
- Build the capacity of Latino arts organizations and artists
- Support the creative expression of artists that exhibit a high level of artistic excellence and innovation
- Empower Latino artists and arts organizations in their efforts to promote social justice and social change through the arts
- Strengthen communities by investing in cultural assets and human and social capital of Latinos in the U.S.
- Small organizations (operating budgets between $2,500-$249,999) are eligible for awards of $5,000. A 50% match is required.
- Mid-sized to large organizations (operating budgets over $250,000) are eligible for awards of $10,000. A 1:1 match is required; 50% of the match may be in-kind.
Eligibility: Tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations or organizations that apply through a fiscal sponsor. Organizations must be based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and have been in existence for at least one fiscal year. Additionally organizations must:
- Have a mission that is explicitly focused on Latino art and culture
- Have an Executive or Artistic Director who is Latina/o and/or a Board of Directors that is at least 51% Latina/o
- Have organizational membership with NALAC (for membership information see: https://app.etapestry.com/cart/NationalAssociationofLatinoAr/default/index.php)