National Council of Teachers of Mathematics: Pre-K-6 Classroom Research GrantsDeadline: November 6, 2015
The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) Pre-K-6 Classroom Research Grants supports classroom-based research in precollege mathematics education in collaboration with college or university mathematics educators. Grants will support mathematics educators or classroom teachers teaching mathematics at grades Pre-K-6 level. The proposal may include, but is not restricted to, research on the following topics:
- Curriculum development and implementation
- Involvement of at-risk or minority students
- Students’ thinking about a particular mathematics concept or set of concepts
- Connection of mathematics to other disciplines
- Focused learning and teaching of mathematics with embedded use of technology (any acquisition of equipment must support the proposed plan but not be the primary focus of the grant)
- Innovative assessment or evaluation strategies
Amount: Maximum grants of $6,000 each will be awarded.
Eligibility: The applicant must be either: 1) a college or university mathematics educator who is a full-year individual member or e-member of NCTM (on or before October 15, 2015), or 2) a teacher (a) with a full-year individual member or e-member of NCTM (on or before October 15, 2015) or (b) who teaches at a school having a current (on or before October 15, 2015) NCTM Pre-K-8 school membership.