National Dance Project: Touring AwardsDeadline: October 14, 2014
National Dance Project (NDP) Touring Awards support U.S. tours of dance works by national and international artists. Projects applying for Touring Awards should:
- Be in an advanced stage of development and be ready for touring at the beginning of the NDP Touring Period, which begins June 1, 2015 and runs through November 30, 2016.
- Involve presentations of dance works of genuine imagination and originality by artists of recognized skill and accomplishment.
- Demonstrate that at least three U.S. nonprofit organizations (presenters) from at least two states will present the work on tour.
- Offer potential to engage audiences because of the presented works’ relevance, originality and/or timeliness, and the project’s use of live and virtual strategies to connect the artists and the public.
- Expand the aesthetic styles, geographic reach, and creative engagement strategies of projects funded through the NDP Production Grant process (see http://www.nefa.org/sites/default/files/2014_NDP_Final_for_Web2.pdf).
Amount: Up to $35,000 each.
Eligibility: Applicants must be choreographers or companies applying for a project with a planned U.S. tour during the NDP touring period of June 1, 2015–November 30, 2016. Applicants must also demonstrate that at least three U.S. nonprofit organizations (presenters) from at least two states will present the work on tour.