National Opera Center America: Innovation Grants
Opera Center America’s Innovation Grants support vibrant professional company members in implementing innovative projects in opera’s most important areas of practice, including artistic vitality, audience experience, organizational effectiveness, and community connections. The program enables companies to increase their investment in experimentation and innovation, and contribute to field-wide learning. Grants will support projects that are:
- Efforts new to the field
- Adaptations or applications of strategies that have been implemented elsewhere, but are new to the applicant company or its community
- Refinements or enhancements to proven organizational strategies that merit continued development
Opera America will assist with evaluation and documentation, and disseminate resources to share lessons learned from the projects.
Amount: Dependent on the applicant organization’s operating budget as follows:
- Organizations with budgets of $15,000,000 and larger: $100,000 for a one year grant
- Organizations with budgets of $750,000-$14,999,999: $11,250-$75,000 for a one year grant
- Organizations with budgets of $749,999 and smaller: $10,000 for a one year grant
Applicants may describe multiyear approaches and request consideration for two-year grants. Payment in the second year will be the same level as the first.
Eligibility: Opera Americas Professional Company Members who are in good standing are eligible to apply. For information regarding membership see: https://www.operaamerica.org/content/support2/org.aspx
Note: The online application opens on September 4, 2018.
This post was filed under: