Native Voices RisingDeadline: July 19, 2019
Native Voices Rising (NVR) is a project of Common Counsel Foundation and Native Americans in Philanthropy. NVR is an innovative, community-guided grantmaking collaborative designed to support organizing, advocacy, and voter engagement in American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian communities. NVR provides general operating support grants that are intended to strengthen Native-led organizations that are building community leadership and power to improve the wellbeing of their communities. Eligible organizations are rooted in a Native community, led by Native people, hold a vision for change that improves the lives of Native community members, engage large numbers of community members to take action together, and seek to improve the policies and rules that impact the community.
Amount: The expected grant amount will be $10,000, but could range between $5,000-$10,000.
Eligibility: Applicant organizations must:
- Be based in and serving a Native community or population
- Have a strong set of leaders and board members comprised of 51% Native Americans, who represent and are accountable to the community that is served
- Have a leadership development or political education program for Native community members
- Engage Native community members in determining priorities and the focus of its programs
- Engage a significant number of community members to take collective action to promote public policy or campaign for corporate accountability to address your communities problems
- Have IRS 501 (c) 3 tax-exempt status, 7871 Designation, or a fiscal sponsor who does