Network of Ensemble Theaters Travel GrantsDeadline: September 24, 2019
The Network of Ensemble Theaters Travel and Exchange Network (NET/TEN) prioritizes relationship building and knowledge sharing. Grants are intended to create new opportunities for reciprocal exchanges with peers and colleagues to share information, techniques, inspiration, expertise, and performances among ensembles to strengthen the work of individual ensembles and the field as a whole. NET/TEN grants encourage open-ended explorations without the pressure of finished products or projects; they are designed to be flexible and to support a wide range of activities.
NET/TEN goals include:
- Build the field by strengthening existing relationships and initiating new ones
- Increase ensembles’ capacity to host and travel
- Support artistic and administrative development
- Increase the financial well-being of ensembles
- Create a library of resources to share with the field
- Expand cross-sector and cross-discipline partnerships (i.e., collaborations with those outside the arts, or from arts disciplines or genres beyond one’s own)
- Address systemic inequities by supporting a diverse range of grantees, projects, and activities that align with NET’s values of justice, equity, and inclusion
Amount: Grants range from $500-$2,000.
Eligibility: Applicants must be a NET member in good standing; grantees must remain NET members in good standing throughout the full project period (through final reporting). Eligible membership categories include Ensembles, Affiliates, Individuals, and Students.