New Mexico Aging and Long-Term Services Department: The Provision of Legal Assistance, Representation, and Outreach/Education Services to Establish Legal Guardianships
The New Mexico Aging and Long-Term Services Department seeks to establish a contract through competitive negotiations for the purchase of legal assistance, representation, and outreach/education services to establish legal guardianships between kinship caregivers and children.
Services to be provided include (see solicitation for more details regarding scope of work):
- Direct Legal Assistance to Kinship Caregivers: The Contractor and/or its subcontractor(s) shall provide direct legal assistance to a minimum of 213 families for at least 843 hours during the contract period.
- Direct Legal Representation to Kinship Caregivers: The Contractor and its subcontractor(s) shall provide direct legal representation to a minimum of 150 families for at least 2216 hours during the contract period.
- Community Education to Kinship Caregivers: The Contractor and its subcontractor(s) shall serve a minimum of 400 families through community education activities. The Contractor and its subcontractor(s) shall market and promote local community events.
Amount: A contract award will be made for one year with the potential to be extended for up to three additional on-year periods. The first year of the contract may be for $248,000. However, the actual work required may ultimately yield more or less than this amount.
Eligibility: An Offeror is defined as any person, corporation, or partnership that chooses to submit a proposal. Offerors with relevant experience in family law and kinship caregiver guardianship are encouraged to submit proposals. Preference will be given to Offerors who:
- Demonstrate serving target populations in metropolitan, rural, and frontier areas statewide
- Demonstrate collaborative proposals
- Demonstrate an ability or capacity to obtain funds or resources that supplement and/or expand services described in a proposal
- Demonstrate innovative service delivery models
This post was filed under: