New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Department: Family Navigation and Education Services
The Children, Youth and Families Department (CYFD) is soliciting proposals to establish a contract through competitive negotiations for the procurement of community based services for children and families in order to mitigate and reduce any occurrence of child abuse and neglect. Family Navigation and Education Services (FNES) is a multifaceted, short term, community-based service program that works with families in their homes and in the context of their neighborhoods to help them meet the basic needs of their children and prevent child maltreatment. FNES is guided by the following Pinon Values: child and youth safety is paramount; children and youth must have enduring relationships with their families; practice is centered on best interests, wellbeing and the needs of each child and youth; all families have strengths; agency and contractors are fair and compassionate and act with respect and integrity; families are served within the context of their own family rules, traditions, history, and culture; evidenced informed practices are used; and the entire community shares the responsibility of keeping children and youth safe.
Goals are to:
- Help families meet the basic needs of children
- Reduce the risk of child abuse and neglect
Performance measures are:
- At least 90% of families served will not be the subject of substantiated child maltreatment while receiving services and within six months of close of service.
- At least 90% of families served will not have an entry into foster care while receiving services and within six months of close of case.
- At least 90% of families will be successfully linked and engaged in services within the community prior to FNES case closure.
Successful applicants shall use the New Mexico Child and Safety Assessment Tool and the risk assessment, available community resources, extended family resources, and a Family Centered Meeting Plan as provided by CYFD. The type of services provided through the Family Navigation and Education Services Program must include:
- Community outreach
- Referral to a home visiting program
- Family assessment
- Outcome driven service plan
- Monitoring the families engagement with community agencies
- Family participation in wraparound services
- Ongoing measurement of safety threats and protective factors, using the New Mexico Safety Assessment Tool
- Evidence based parenting program for each parent
- Crisis safety planning and implementation
Award: Multiple contractual agreements will be awarded for a term of up to one year with he option of three additional one year renewals.
Eligibility: The Offeror must be able to comply with all the necessary requirements, as detailed in the RFP, including: 1) Family navigation and education service caseloads; 2) Program support, training and evaluation; 3) Program reporting and quality assurance; and 4) Documentation of incident/occurrence reports.
Eligibility for services: A family is eligible when there have been three or more investigations conducted by Protective Services (PS), within the last year or six within the last five years and:
- Child/ren have been determined to be at moderate or high risk of continued abuse or neglect
- Child/ren are determined to be “safe” or “conditionally safe” upon completion of the CYFD New Mexico Child Safety Assessment Tool (unless approval from PS County Officer Manager (COM) is obtained in advance)
- Child/ren are not placed out of the home either voluntarily or involuntarily
- Cases have been either substantiated or unsubstantiated
- The child/ren reside with the caregiver at the time of the case referral by CYFD to the Contractor and that residence with the caregiver is maintained throughout the FNES program
Note: An optional pre-proposal conference will be held on May 26, 2015.
This post was filed under: